Tuesday, August 2, 2011

While You're Waiting

How is the Roman Blind project going???

Well, for the most part pretty good. I'll post the whole project and lessons learned once it's all done. 
FOREWARNING: It's gonna have a lot of pics! I have learned quite a bit on this project. If it hangs nicely and turns out...I have many other windows that need a little dressing up!

In the meantime,
here is a quick project turned birthday gift!

Remember my Chevron tRe Plate post 


Well my friend Ashley is super FAB and has a fun modern home. Her birthday is July 2 and her wedding anniversary is Memorial Day weekend so I thought I would make her a monogram plate.

I used my Silhouette SD (which is being discontinued because of a new model, BUT is on clearance NOW!!!)

Anyway, used my vinyl cutter with the graphic above. I originally used the actual graphic but it didn't pop on the white plate. Instead, I used the negative space vinyl for the plate graphic. I LOVE how it turned out! Using the negative space pieces was harder because I had to place them free hand. Though not perfect, it worked.

I decided to make the monogram letters bigger this time because I felt like mine were a little too small. I like the larger letters MUCH better!

I hope she likes it! It's kind of a funky addition to a room, but makes a nice unexpected accent.

xoxo Ash!

Stay tuned for the Roman Blind final! Lots of tips coming...of course, ONLY if this isn't a disaster like when I tried to make PJ's: 




XOXO
fler

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little confused. Is this painted on or is it vinyl stick on?

    ReplyDelete