Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chevron tRe Plate



I have this kitchen nook where our table is and it has this amazing wall behind it.
 I have been slowing trying to make this space cohesive and fun. It's been difficult because we're about to remodel the whole space so we've completely NOT decorated at all in the kitchen and family room. UGH!!!

But, we did a little decorating where the table is (I'll post pics once we complete the space).

Where did I get the idea for the Chevron Monogrammed plate?


I used my Silouette to make the chevrons and monogram.

The Chevrons were made of Vinyl and the Monogram was made of thick Cardstock.

To seal the chevrons and monogram to the plate I used Mod Podge. It's kinda like Elmers glue but thinner consistency. The sponge brush worked PERFECT for application.
I used a $2 white plate from IKEA. I made sure it was clean before applying the chevrons. I didn't do any fancy measurements and just eyeballed the spacing. I see my imperfections, but once it's done...you don't really notice. 

Apply a thin layer of your Mod Podge just like Taylor Made says. She didn't apply the Mod Podge on rim of plate, but I went ahead and did.

Lay your Monogram on top of the thin layer. I used a toothpick to make sure the letters were placed right and all the way down onto the plate.

Add another layer of Mod Podge on top of the letters. This time I only added the second layer to center of the plate and not on the rims.
NOW...LET MR. FANCY PLATE DRY!!!

Here you have it! A fancy Chevron "TRE" Monogrammed Plate!!! Even the hubs thinks it's cool...SCORE!
Seriously....20 minute project!!! EASY PEASEY!!! 

Once the space is complete, you'll see what I plan to do with this little treasure!

xoxo
fler

No comments:

Post a Comment