Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dino's, Whales and Hootsies

Our cousin (actually Tim's technically), Angel, is having a little boy. She and Dan are such a wonderful couple. I KNOW their little bub is going to be adorable and such a blessing. Their baby really is a miracle as Angel had some medical challenges in her early 20's that may have kept her from being able to conceive, but AS ALWAYS, God is sooo good. 

I couldn't resist getting straight to work to surprise them. 

A few posts ago I shared how I made his owl HERE.

He's not a big owl, but just the right size for a little bub to love on. 

All little ones need some kind of FAB bum cover so I made him this cute Dinosaur diaper cover. I think this design might be my favorite. Tim said this morning the dino style is his FAV too. 
You can go to one of my posts HERE to see what they look like on AND if you wanna know how to make these adorable somethings, swing OVER HERE.

My girls said the single most important thing to have enough of, aside from diapers, are onesies. 
Well, we can't just have any ol' onesies RIGHT!?!? I'm totally into the whole whale thing for bubs these days so I used my new Silhouette to create his one-of-a-kind onesie. This was my first time decorating one, so it's not SUUUPER fancy or hard, but lots of fun.
First, I picked out some fabric I already had. I love this simple navy polk-a-dotted fabric. Second, I found   a precious baby whale template in the silhouette store:

baby_whale_c00002_30551

If you have a silhouette and look this template up, you'll see I ungrouped the images so I just had a basic outline. I was a little intimidated to get too advanced with my first onesie project. I used the sewable fabric interfacing just like my owl and ironed Mr. Whale on.

I picked out some bright yellow thread and zigzag stitched on the perimeter of Mr. Whale. In person, it's a super cute color pop. 

Introducing Mr. Whale!!!
I am thinking of embroidering "Mr. Whale" below the image in yellow. Wouldn't that be cute!? I haven't  used the letters on my sewing machine, affectionately named Zsa Zsa, before. We'll see how brave I get this weekend.

XOXO
fler

No comments:

Post a Comment