Friday, September 3, 2010

No Pattern...No Problem....or So I Thought

So I decided to take a joy ride in apron creation. I chose not to use a pattern. I figured, "The stitches are about the same and I'm doing alright so far. How hard could it be???" Well, lets just say...thank goodness for seam rippers and a whole bunch of patience!!! This was NOT easy for me at all. Measurements, alignment, hems....oh my goodness!

I learned a lot...mainly to take a break when I'm getting too frustrated at my imperfections. I actually took a couple days away from Shirley and the apron. 

This morning, I decided it was time to finish what I started and I'm thrilled to see it done! I think it turned out pretty cute with mistakes and all. Now, lets just hope it doesn't fall apart! That wouldn't be too funny.....

Here she is......


...and a precious little pocket with...
jewels...OF COURSE!



No comments:

Post a Comment