Wednesday, June 8, 2011

When In Rome

What does that post title have anything to do with what I am about to post????

Rome = Roman
Roman = Blinds

But what does Roman have to do with Blinds??? Yea, I don't know either. Probably should google that. 

LOL

So I have this window in our laundry room. I don't want to name names, BUT we have this very evil sweet  kitten who "MIGHT" have attacked our blinds and destroyed them.

Don't Judge, but this is how I've been using the blinds...totally sophisticated!!!
That's a high end chip clip I'll have you know!!! And the strings hanging (hard to see), I'd like to call that an embellishment. No, they are NOT broken strings which once helped move the blind up and down!!! Ok...maybe.

I am totally IN LOVE with fabric roman blinds.

And I love fabric!

I once had custom window treatments priced...UM...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

So, I have decided to take a shot at making them myself. 

I've had this fantastic fabric for a couple months now...
Yes a couple months.
I'm COMPLETELY intimidated by the project. I found this, what is said to be "easy", tutorial and am just waiting till I have the nerve to give it a try. 

Any tips out there to help a chip clipped windowed girl???

xoxo
fler

1 comment: